Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Last day

Today was a very bitter sweet day. I filled out the visa paperwork for Lennox. It is Ethiopian law that the child's middlename be the fathers first name. Well since I am the mother and father poor Lennox gets Jessica as his middle name. First thing we will do when he gets to states is change his name!!!!! I hung out with Lennox for two hours this morning in the courtyard thinking about how amazing my time has been with him. I was geting ready to put him in his bed when the nanny handed me a bowl of white slime. I asked what to do with it and she said "feed him" GROSS!!!! Turns out it was mashed potatoes (yay right). He ate everything and slowly slipped into a food coma, so I went to put him in his bed and he starter to whimper. I quickly walked with Betty (directors wife) out of the compound. She made me lunch and we gossiped about life stuff all afternoon. We made our way back to the guest house around 1:30 and she insisted onhaving a traditional Ethiopian coffee ceramony. It was very neat to see the roasting of the beans, heating the water over coals, and popping the popcorn. It was all done right on the living room floor. I then went to my room after three cups of coffee and packed my things. I was told that we would be leaving in ten minutes. Immediate panic set in because I was not ready to say goodbye. Well not ready to say good ye in ten minutes. I walked into lennox's room and he was crying the most awful screech. I have only ever heard him whimper but this was a full blown crocodile tears. I heard the director yelling "we go now" I picked up Lennox in that moment and he was on fire. I told the nurse and nanny that he had a fever but they said he was fine he was just sad. I knew in my gut that something was wrong with my baby. I pleaded with them to give him something and they said he was fine. Again the director yelled. I hugged and kissed my baby for the last time in months knowing that I could not comfort him. He needed me and I couldn't do anything. Heartbroken yet again.

More later
Sorry for typos. On iPhone in airport!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment