Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Finally here

So I left Sunday to travel to Ethiopia to meet my son Lennox for the first time.  Everything went great with the travel to washington and then here to Addis.  Kelly and I had a few minor bumps in the road but we made it and that is all that matters.  We have created many great memories of our travel here to Ethiopia that we will share with you in person. 

Here come the great story.  It first starts with me feeling sick on the airplane (14 hour flight).  We make it save a man from the escalator, get our Visas, exchange money, get bags, and don't even get stopped by customs.  Or we just misunderstood what they were saying and we walked right by the customs guy to our ride.  On the van ride to the guest house we get pulled over for tinted windows and get a ticket.  Yep a ticket for tinted windows!!!  I got sick in the van and threw up twice.  GROSS!!  Finally at the guest house I sit on the couch and close my eyes praying the nausea will go away.  I hear kelly saying "Who is that" then a lady say "mama".  I open my eyes and there he is.  LENNOX!!!  I didn't even know he was on the property.  He was placed in my lap and whimpered for about 2 seconds.  I stood up with him and he has been smiling and laughing since.  I played with him for about 4 hours the first day and almost all day today.  He is such an amazing little boy.  I will show you all the pictures soon and post about how amazing my son is. 

There however is a bad part to this story.  We got word today that the Ethiopian judges have training tomorrow and therefore my court appointment is getting pushed back until November (i think).  I will find out more details tomorrow. 

Back to the great news of my son.  He is perfect is every possible way.  He is very smart and loves to be in every ones business.  We are constantly walking around, looking out the window, or sitting with the other children.  He loves to have kisses on this cheeks and neck and just giggles the sweetest little noise ever.  He has only been in girl clothes since I have been here so I am going shopping tomorrow to get my boy some real clothes.  I am so very happy that I get to spend another 2 entire days with him. Ok I better get off here before the connection goes bad. 

more later
jess

1 comment:

  1. What a great update! Keep them coming. So happy that you get to spend so much time with him :o)

    ReplyDelete