Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, January 16, 2012

Oh Ethiopia

I so wish that I could say that I love being here, but I can't.  Don't get me wrong I love being here with Lennox and am excited to get him home where I can keep him warm and get good food in  his belly.  The people and the staff here at the transition home are amazing.  The staff here are not the same as last time, but they all seem to love their jobs and the children. 

Yesterday I was playing with Lennox and he was starting to get a little fussy.  This is not like Lennox at all, he is the most laid back 1 year old I have ever met.  I stood him up so that I could hug on him and he had explosive diarrhea.  It went down his legs and up his back.  I took him up to the room to change him and he through a fit.  He was screaming his head off and had the biggest tears rolling down his face.  I cleaned him up and picked him up to comfort him and he gave me the biggest hug to date.  His little arms squeezed my neck and he stopped crying immediately.  It was a very sweet mommy moment. 

Everyday morning when I go back to his room to pick him up he stares at me like he is mad at me.  The nannies hand him to me and we go back into the guest house to play.  Throughout the day random people that work here will walk by him and try to take him from me and he turns his head from them.  By the end of the night when he goes back to his room, he cries when the nannies take him from my arms.  He doesn't cry long, but it is a good sign that he is bonding to me while here. 

I have to take him out to the Embassy today, so that should be an adventure.  I just hope that we don't have an explosive diarrhea episode while out and about today.  I won't post again until home in the states.  Sorry for no pictures, but my camera and computer are not working.


more later
jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment