Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, January 14, 2012

I'm here

Well everyone I left on Thursday to head to the airport at noon bc my flight left at 2pm.  Well I got on the plane at 2:15pm, we pulled away from the gate and began the de-icing, and anti-ice process.  The pilot did his final check and realized that while we were waiting to be de/anti-iced the cable on the plane froze.  We sat out on the tarmac for 2 hours when the pilot decided that we needed to head back to the gate.  Nice idea except their were no gate available for another 45 minutes.  The pilot got us back to the gate at 4:45 and on a new plane at 5:15.  It has been smooth sailing from there. 

I arrived in Ethiopia Saturday Morning at 8:00am and found the director.  He said that we would be waiting for other couple that were here for their first trip.  There is a couple here meeting their daughter for the first time (15 months), this will be their 5th daughter.  Another couple is here meeting their son (4 months) and daughter (11 months) for the first time, this make their 4/5 child.  There is another couple here with their already 4 children meeting their son (5 years) for the first time.  There are also 2 couple leaving with their children.  One couple taking home a 13 month old little boy and another couple take home 11 month old twin boy and girl.  It is a great day in the transition home.

After I meet everyone, I went to get Lennox from the nannies.  He whimpered at first, but as soon as I walked away from the nanny he was fine.  He is so attached to the nannies, it is sad to think that he is going to lose the only "family" that he knows.  I played with Lennox and the other babies all afternoon until it was time for dinner.  I let the nanny take Lennox for dinner and for the night.  I figure why break the nannies heart again by taking Lennox away from them when they already lost 3 babies today.  The nannies were so upset when the babies left today and I can see it in their faces every time I see them with Lennox.  They know that they will only have this precious little boy in their arms for a couple for day. 

Not sure what the plan is for tomorrow or Monday, but I do know that I will be spending plenty of time with my little man. 

more later
jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment