Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, October 13, 2014

paperwork expired

Well I have had my first set of paperwork expire.  My USCIS expires this December so it needs to be updated now.  USCIS is approval from US immigration to bring an orphan into the states to become a citizen.  So this process is pretty easy but still frustrating.  I can't get USCIS extension without an updated homestudy.

I updated my homestudy today.  I had to get physical, new financial forms, copy of tax forms, new background checks and employment letter.  The social worker for homestudy came out to see kids and update my original paperwork with new ages and adoption progress of foster kids. 

Once she gets my homestudy done, it will go to interstate compact in Illinois for approval.  I will get a copy of homestudy after this approval to sent with extension application.  USCIS will then send me a new appointment for biometric fingerprints.  After my fingerprints are run, I should get new approval letter a month or so later.  This approval from USCIS will then go to Bulgaria. 

I will then have another 18 months before this paperwork expires. I have my fingers crossed that I will have my new daughter home long before the next paperwork expires.  I still have NO idea on how long it will take before I am matched with her.  Generally children under the age of 5 are taking 3 years to match.  My age limit goes up to age 8.  There is no real timeline for children over the age of 5 except "usually less then 3 years".  So the long long wait to be united with my daughter continues. I say a prayer for her every night because she is out there somewhere just waiting.

more later
jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment