Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, June 17, 2013

One step at a time

I received my paperwork for my second mailer last week.  This second mailer consist of all the paperwork that is needed for my dossier.  This is what everyone in the adoption world calls the paper chase.  Well I set up my physical for July 2nd (had blood drawn on Sunday), ordered pictures from Shutterfly to give to Bulgarian government, signed 3 Bulgarian contracts, signed 3 financial Bulgarian contracts, wrote letter of intent to adopt, filled out financial form.  Tomorrow I will get Bulgarian POA form notarized, financial form notarized, and another declaration form notarized.  I already have certified birth certificate for myself and Lennox.  I have other forms I need to get from DCFS/social worker that need to go into my Dossier. 

I emailed a friend last week regarding her adoption to Thailand.  She is at the end stage of her second adoption.  She is going to go pick up her daughter this week.  Her daughter is a couple months younger than Lennox.  I told her I was so jealous that she was going to get her daughter and how stressful the paper chase process can be.  She told me that she felt the same way about the paper chase because it is the only part of the adoption that is somewhat in your control.  Once you hand in the paperwork/dossier the US government and foreign government take over. 

Anyway, I still have a lot to do but it feels great to have some progress in gathering paperwork.  I just need to have patience with DCFS that they can get me the paperwork I need in a timely manner. 





more later
jessica 

No comments:

Post a Comment