Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

First Post

Friday, September 24, 2010

It all started with....

It all started with an idea of creating a family.  As many of you know I have already started the adoption process to Ethiopia.  I didn't want to start a blog to early in the process because I felt as though it might be bad luck.  Well I am almost to the "sit and wait" phase of the adoption so I thought I better get typing.  I would like to take the time to ask everyone to have great patience.  I am not sure how to "blog" and so I am learning as I go.  I am sure people will have many questions along the way, so feel free to email me at jakeller27@hotmail.com

I mailed in my application to Children of all Nations(after months of research) on July 7th 2010.  It was a long two weeks but I finally had my application accepted on July 21st.  I signed my contract with Children of all Nations (CAN) on July 23rd.  On August 17th I received my first mailer.  This included copy of driver's license and power of attorney paperwork.  I mailed the mailer back on August 19th.  I then had to mail off to get my new passport, which I did on August 21st and start working on the second mailer.  While gathering all the paperwork I had to also meet with the homestudy agency.  These are the individuals who first decide if I am allowed to adopt.  I have to meet with them four times August 30, September 7, 20, and 23.  I PASSED the homestudy.  While all of those meeting where happening I had to gather the following documents.....Write a letter to Ministry of Women's Affair in Ethiopia, certified birth certificate, state criminal clearance, local criminal check, employment status, medical form, financial statement, bank reference letter, federal tax returns, 4 letters of reference, insurance company letter, passport photos, passport copied, client contact information sheet, life insurance letter, obligation to adopt, 4x6 photos of family/house and finally the homestudy.  Well it has been a long 2 months but the paper work is finally done.  Now it has to be sent to Chicago to be approved by DCFS and then interstate for endorsement.  It takes three weeks to get the paperwork endorsed.  Once endorsed then I can send it to my agency CAN.  They will then send it to Washington for approval.  Once approved by Washington, it is a waiting game.  They say the timeline right now is 6-8 months.  I will keep everyone posted on what is going on.  I will try soon to get pictures on here. 

Thanks to everyone for your support

more later
jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment