Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, November 8, 2013

Finally USCIS approval

Well when I had my Biometric appointment September 24th I notified my adoption agency and they stated that I should get approval in 2-3 weeks.  Well it has been 6 weeks and I had heard nothing.  I got on the USCIS website and they stated that it was taking 2.5 months to process I800A applications.  I filled out my application August 24th. I was still within the time frame of 2.5 months, but I was slowly getting impatient.  I called USCIS today and they stated that I was approved to adopt on November 5th and therefore should be getting my letter in the mail today!!!! 

I got my letter today in the mail and everything looks perfect.  I called my sister to come over after work so that we could go through everything on my Dossier list.  I seem to have everything that is listed.  I started to copy everything before she came over just so that I would have a copy and then I guess I just got so excited to have everything I sealed the envelope before finishing copying everything.  WHOOPS!!!  I hope I don't need copies of it down the road. 

So the next step is.... I sent my (already sealed) FedEx package to Children of All Nations (CAN).  They review all paperwork and have to double check all my notaries.  I did notice that a couple of my notaries have now expired commission dates.  I hope that is okay since the paperwork was notarized before the expiration date.  If CAN decided it is not okay, it should be a quick fix.  One was a form from my work and the other from my doctor.  Once all my paperwork is approved, CAN will send it off to Bulgaria.  I will then wait for a referral (match with child).  This matching process can take anywhere from 8-18 months. 



more later
jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment