Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Adopt now or Adopt later that is the question

So anyone who knows me realizes that I seems to talk about adoption no matter what topic is at hand.  I love children, I love being a mom, and I LOVE adoption.  It seems like such a perfect way for me to build my family.  Maybe that is because I have seen parents of my foster children take their children for granted or I have seen the desperation and heartache of the parents and children in Ethiopia. 

I let myself get so overwhelmed by all the different counties requirements that I thought I would not adopt right now and I would focus on moving.  Moving into a larger home where my children could have their own rooms, a house that had a dining room for family dinners, a house that had a nice big backyard.  Well those are all nice thoughts but at the end of the day I see the children in Ethiopia that don't have homes, parents, food, love, or a yard.  It doesn't matter if my children share a room while they are young, we all sit around a tiny kitchen table for dinner, or have to walk to the park.  It does matter that I adopt a child to become part of my beautiful family created through adoption.

So to keep this a short post, I will hopefully be posted more regularly now.  I have sent in paperwork to update my homestudy and will be filling out the formal application to adopt with Children of All Nations (CAN).  I am super excited to start this crazy journey again.

more later
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment